The Command Center
Your front-row seat to the performance of a new generation.
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro
- More athletic-looking, sculptured exterior that complements the tighter, leaner architecture - and offers all-new, modern lighting signatures, including light-emitting diode (LED) technology.
- Greater emphasis on customer personalization with wider range of choices, including 10 exterior colors, five interior color combinations, lighting options and a full complement of dealer-available accessories available at launch - including wheels, stripe packages and additional accessories.
- Aerodynamically optimized design that is the result of 350 hours of wind tunnel testing, reducing drag on LT models and improving downforce on SS.
- All-new, interior with shifter-focused center console, intuitive controls, flat-bottom steering wheel, and higher quality materials throughout.
- Unique control rings around the air vents used for temperature and fan speed adjustments, eliminating the need for conventional buttons.
Performance of the 2016 Gen Six Camaro
- Vehicle mass has been reduced by 200 pounds or more, depending on the model, creating a more nimble, responsive driving experience.
- Most efficient Camaro ever, with a new 2.0L turbo SAE-certified at 275 hp (205 kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm) - and delivers more than 30 mpg on the highway (GM-estimated), and 0-60 mph acceleration well under 6 seconds.
- Efficient performance in a new 3.6L V-6 featuring direct injection, continuously variable valve timing and - for the first time - Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation), offering an SAE-certified 335 hp (250 kW) and 284 lb-ft of torque (385 Nm), for the highest specific output of any naturally aspirated V-6 in the segment.
- The most powerful Camaro SS ever, with a new 6.2L LT1 direct-injected Small Block V-8 rated at 455 hp (339 kW) and 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm).
- Magnetic Ride Control active suspension available on Camaro SS for the first time.
- With improved handling and performance, the Camaro SS delivers better lap times than the fifth-generation's track-focused Camaro 1LE package.
The Inside Story
REVEAL THE COMPONENTS BEHIND THE POWER, AGILITY AND REFINEMENT OF THE 2016 CAMARO
- All wheel options are lightweight aluminum.
- Aluminum suspension components reduce unsprung mass for improved handling vs. steel.
- Brembo ® brakes: standard on SS, and for the first time, available on LT.
- The available dual-mode exhaust sound changes with each of the four driver-selectable modes.
- SS is track-ready with auxiliary radiators, engine cooler and transmission cooler.
- A new 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission is available on all Camaro models.
- All-new architecture helped lighten Camaro over 200 lbs. vs. the fifth-gen.
- Drivers will feel advantages like nimble, balanced handling and precise steering.
- The only fifth-gen carryover pieces are the Chevy bowtie emblem and the SS badge.
- This advanced generation includes available 4G LTE Wi-Fi anywhere you drive3.
- Soft, premium trim borders driver touch points such as knee and elbow pads.
- Air vents control temperature and airflow through rotational trim rings.
3Devices must be WPA2 compliant with active OnStar service and data plan. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.
- Functional hood vents on SS help the LT1 V8 keep cool.
- The roof, seamlessly laser-brazed to shed mass, is reinforced by a "reverse mohawk" design.
- The fastback profile widens rear fender flares, making the car look ready to strike.
THE SIXTH-GENERATION CHEVROLET CAMARO
- All-new Drive Mode Selector, which tailors up to eight vehicle attributes for four modes: Snow/Ice, Tour, Sport and - on SS models - Track settings.
- Segment-exclusive, Interior Spectrum Lighting that offers 24 different ambient lighting effects on the dash, door panels, and center console.
- High-definition, configurable color displays - including available dual, 8-inch-diagonal screens.
2016 CHEVROLET CAMARO IN FREDERICKSBURG VIRGINIA
The 2016 Camaro is fast approaching. What Will You Make Of It? With thousands of ways to create your Camaro, you're free to tailor a look that suits you best.
The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro offers superior levels of performance, refinement, and technology, and is engineered to retain the mantle of leadership in the performance car segment that it has achieved over the past five years.
The Gen Six Camaro offers a more nimble, high-speed driving experience, made possible by a new generation, lightweight architecture and a more extensive powertrain range. There are now six all-new powertrain combinations to choose from, including a 2.0L Turbo, an all-new 3.6L V-6 and the LT1 6.2L V-8, which is SAE-certified at 455 horsepower (339 kW) and 455 lb-ft of torque (617 Nm) - making it the most powerful Camaro SS ever. Each engine can be coupled with either a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic transmission.
The 2016 Camaro's slightly more compact and sculpted exterior has been precision refined and tuned over the course of 350 hours of wind tunnel testing. The body design enhances vehicle handling via reduced aerodynamic lift, and contributes to greater degrees of both efficiency and performance.
The cockpit introduces a new level of sophistication with class-leading control technologies, including a configurable instrument cluster, a customizable ambient lighting feature, and a new four-way Driver Mode Selector available on SS models.
A convertible model Chevy Camaro will also be available, presenting the segment's most advanced top. In addition to remote key fob opening, the 2016 Gen Six Camaro is the only convertible in the segment to offer all of the following:
- the ability to open or close at speeds up to 30 mph
- full auto-release & lock latches that secure the top, offering a fully automatic convertible operation
- a hard tonneau cover which offers a more refined, finished appearance when the top is lowered and stowed.
The electro-hydraulic power roof structure employs multilayer construction – including acoustic and thermal barriers – engineered for a comfortable, quiet driving experience in all seasons. The top emulates the sleek silhouette of the Camaro coupe.
Whether used for city driving, or for travel across Virginia's highways between Fredericksburg and King George, Richmond, Charlottesville, Stafford, Woodbridge and through to Washington DC, the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro marries the latest in technology with wind-tunnel performance sculpted exterior styling, a refined and high-tech interior cabin, improved handling, and Camaro's renowned four decade reputation for high performance.
The 2016 Camaro comes with Chevrolet's Complete Care coverage, including 2 years or 24,000 miles of included scheduled maintenance7 and 5 years or 100,000 miles of roadside assistance with courtesy transportation8. Combined with a 3 year or 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty8, and a 5 year or 100,000 mile powertrain coverage8, the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro is Virginia's performance car of choice.
If you are a Fredericksburg, King George, Spotsylvania, Culpeper, or Stafford area resident and are interested in a 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, contact Radley Chevrolet to book in a test drive. One of our knowledgeable specialists will be delighted to demonstrate to you all the features of the advanced 2016 Camaro from Chevrolet. We’re only 12 miles from Stafford and 19 miles from King George. We're located at 3670 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA 22408. We look forward to seeing you soon and to welcoming you to a world of first-class performance motoring and customer care.
7Covers only scheduled oil changes with filter and tire rotations according to your new vehicle's recommended maintenance schedule for up to 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. Maximum of 4 service events. See participating dealer for other restrictions and complete details.
8Whichever comes first. See dealer for details.
Powered By Automotive Advertising Group, Inc